[HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 2 07:13:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 03:34:42PM -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > pkgng has just reached the beta phase, and has now found its way to the
> > ports tree (disabled by default).
>
> Are there any i386 remote repos setup yet?
>
> I was all gung ho to start testing this, but I only see amd64 repos
> listed in the README; there's no default pkg.conf file installed; and
> there's no examples listed in the various pkg man pages.

Here is a sample: https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng/blob/master/pkg/pkg.conf.sample

for pkg conf, currently there is no public repository at all, it will come
pretty much soon (I hope :))

you can create your own repositories using the new ports-mgmt/poudriere for now,
tinderbox support should come soon.

regards,
Bapt