[HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 1 12:19:58 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 12:30:25 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> So, is there a way to do anything like portmaster's +IGNOREME trick with
> the new pkg stuff?

In the portmaster patch I have currently disabled this feature, but I think
I'll try to re-enable it, even if the solution sounds a bit hacky. Better than
nothing, anyway, for the moment.

> At the moment I'm trying to do 'portmaster -fa' using your patches and
> pkgng and telling portmaster to make packages of everything it installs.
>  Unfortunately portmaster gets understandably confused when it tries to
> do that with ports-mgmt/pkg...

It's a bug in portmaster. I reported it to dougb@, and a fix should be in the
next version of the patch as soon as I feel submitting it to pkgng repository
for review.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla