lang/gcc46 dependency loop on lang/gcc

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 27 19:35:14 UTC 2012

Gerald,

It seems that if lang/gcc46 is installed, and then you attempt to update
it, lang/gcc shows up in the output of build-depends-list,
run-depends-list, or perhaps both. If lang/gcc46 is not installed
already, this doesn't happen.

This would seem to be an error in the bsd.gcc.mk logic, or perhaps an
error in one of the ports' Makefiles, not sure yet. Any chance you could
look into this?

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what