One more pkg non-default-please edge-case reasoning...

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Sat Aug 25 10:24:30 UTC 2012

Le Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:44:15 -0700 (PDT),
Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> This side of simple. (Additionally, a nice white-on-blue readability).
> Never got used to the search keys in "less" etc.  So the flat files
> here serve a purpose I surmise is not that common.
> And figuring out which  category /editors/ etc (the pkg-plist
> equivalent) is way slower in many cases.
> A reason to retain that particular usability... til/when I/someone
> notices a workaround.

I'm not sure to understand what you want to do, but listing the files
owned by an installed pkg packages is easy:
for zip:
# pkg info -l zip
zip-3.0 owns the following files:
/usr/local/bin/zip
/usr/local/share/doc/zip/WHERE

Please have a try with pkg, is really great.