[CFT] TexLive port

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Mon Aug 20 08:23:39 UTC 2012

On 20/08/2012 10:16, Denny Lin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:51:02AM +0200, Dominic Fandrey wrote:

>>> Here we go:
>>> http://www.home.hs-karlsruhe.de/~fado1011/texlive/
>>
>> I'm about ready now. I just need to complete the CONFLICTS. Clearly
>> just anything with teTeX in the name isn't enough. I think I need
>> help figuring this out.
>>
>> Or at least a recommendation. Should I go ahead with a PR and just
>> add ports as people report problems?
>
> Sorry, I must have missed this part in my previous email. The CONFLICTS
> you have should cover everything. I'm just speculating that the
> transition would have been smoother if the teTeX ports were deleted in
> one go before replacing them with portmaster.

I have run into problems with portmaster. The problem is that it doesn't
check whether a dependency is satisfied. It just goes ahead and installs
them.

I think a dependency like:
	latex:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX-base

shouldn't cause portmaster to install teTeX-base. Not if a latex
binary is already available.