More rtld trouble (was: Re: Another vlc 2.0.3 update ... )

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Mon Aug 13 21:52:58 UTC 2012

[removed kan and kib from Cc as this is now not about rtld in fact]

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:11:09PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Hi kib, kan, sorry to bother you again but... :)
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:53:55PM +0200, Rainer Hurling wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Thanks for the newest patch! The change from
> > > sysconf(_SC_GETPW_R_SIZE_MAX) to LINE_MAX + 1 works nice here. No core
> > > dumps any more and sound via pulseaudio is working again :)

> > > Hmm, possible, but unlikely. This worked pretty good with version 1.1.13
> > > and as I wrote, gain control was set in the middle (100%). But now, with
> > > pulseaudio enabled again, there is not problem with damaged sound
> > > quality any more.

Btw it's still possible that different mixer items cause different
clipping etc, for example vol 100 and pcm low sounds worse than
vol 75 and pcm higher, etc.  (Maybe pulseaudio does that...?)

> > > No, it also fails original MD5 checksum with deinstall/reinstall within
> > > 2.0.3.

> > I just found two other problems, which at least occur on my system
> > (10.0-CURRENT amd64):
> >
> > (1) With option NOTIFY enabled I am able to build, but not to install
> > vlc. It gives me:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > (2) Option PROJM builds and installs, but crashes when I try to start it
> > within vlc:
> >
> > No Textures Loaded from /usr/local/share/projectM/textures
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > As far as I can see, there is no path to projectM/textures (installed
> > from libprojectM) on FreeBSD, but to projectM/presets?
> >
>  I'll have to look at that next...

Hmm, cannot seem to reproduce this one, sorry.  (Or do I have to do
something special in vlc to activate it?  I just tried playing a
video file...)