gam_server hitting 100% cpu

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 4 09:54:38 UTC 2012

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, the wise Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Do you have comms/usbmuxd installed? I seem to recall an issue where it
> could cause one of the Gnome related processes to go to 100%. I just
> don't recall if it was gamin, but I removed the usbmuxd port and those
> dependent on it, all of which involved iPod tools.
>
> If this is the case, it happens in Linux, too, so the maintainer my not
> be able to help as the problem is upstream

Usbmuxd was installed and I deinstalled it (and also two dependencies for
ipod stuff), but gam_server keeps going to 100% just after starting Gnome.

Killing gam_server doesn't help either, it just keeps coming back.

Regards,
Marco

--
Ever feel like you're the head pin on life's
bowling alley, and everyone's rolling strikes?