pkgng beta11 problem with sqlitedb locks

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 16 15:13:40 UTC 2012

> Hi, i found some issues on the parallel work with pkgng base.
>
> For example while pkg2ng works, on the second console try to install
> something:
>
> % pkg install deco
>
> current process can show multiple lines like:
>
> Checking integrity...pkg: WARNING: locally installed (null)-(null) conflicts
> on (null) with:
> ..
>
> and pkg2ng session can show something like that: http://pastebin.com/3P3vYFAM

Yes known there is some work to do for pkgng to be more gentle in case of lock,
still the problem you are showing is weird (I guess some memory database has
been dropped by pkg2ng at the moment you were willing to install your software.

Can you open an issue about that?

regards,
Bapt