doublechecking: repocopy

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 14 13:57:14 UTC 2012

just doublechecking so I don't muck up cvs:

repocopy.
ircd-ratbox-devel is at 3.0.7 (the official release now)
maintainer has asked for a repocopy.
I have assigned the pr to portmgr, with state of 'open' (should it have
been feedback?)

once repocopy is done and assigned back to me, I do a cvs rm on
irc/ircd-ratbox on my local box, then cp the -devel directory over to
original.
(including the CVS files?:

rsync -av --delete irc/ircd-ratbox-devel/ irc/ircd-ratbox/

or without?

rsync -avC --delete irc/ircd-ratbox-devel/ irc/ircd-ratbox/

then I make a MOVED entry? or not?

and depending on if the maintainer wants to keep -devel or remove it, I
cvs rm those files and edit ./irc/Makefile to remove -devel as well, right?

all atomically so that pointyhat doesn't choke?  INDEX build doesn't
choke? or temporarly edit ./irc/Makefile to keep INDEX from building or not?

set MFC days? or is that mostly for source code?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell