FreeBSD Port: samba34-3.4.14

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Tue Apr 10 08:07:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Da Rock
<freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> On 04/10/12 16:30, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 9, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Da Rock wrote:
>> [ ... ]

>>> I was only thinking the maintainer might want to know and fix and test
>>> themselves before commit. I know I would as a maintainer.
>>
>> Sure-- a PR with a change to a port will be assigned to the maintainer to
>> test and approve.
>

> Ah. I wasn't aware that was the case, especially if the maintainer cannot
> specifically commit.
>> Note that I'd gotten the impression that you had installed libnet
>> separately, which would be a library and not just a build dependency...
>
> I am still looking into it as time permits, but I'm not sure I understand
> the difference? I had to install libnet separately in order to build. How
> does that fit in your comment? I'm still a very newbie developer so I'm not
> always accurately understanding the terms, I think.

I'm not sure, which libnet you are referring to. None of the Sambas
should really depend from anything called libnet. At least -
externally.

Also, please show the content of your /etc/make.conf, it could be that
you are mangling include flags.

With regards,
Timur Bakeyev.