Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Sep 22 21:24:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:09:57AM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:09:57 -0500
> From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?
> To: Thomay at freebsd.org, Mueller at freebsd.org
> Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
>
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:47 AM,  <Thomay at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >> Hey everyone, I maintain devel/doxygen (sorry I didn't add my 2 cents
> >> earlier, I've been a bit busy) and was looking at this particular thread.  I
> >> know someone filed a PR regarding the circular dependency, stating that it
> >> might be best to split apart doxygen so one port builds just the program and
> >> another port build just the documentation.  I am not sure if that is the
> >> best thing to do or not. I've been wanting to push out an update to doxygen
> >> but this has been a stopping block for me.
> >
> >> Naram Qashat
> >
> > It seems strange to me that doxygen would have audio dependencies, or is doxygen supposed to work with a speech synthesizer?
> >
> > What dependencies would doxygen documentation have?  Anything circular?
> >

> The problem is that doxygen has a build dependancy on graphics
> graphviz when building it's documentation, and when you select certain
> options, you can cause a circular dependancy.  See below for one
> example:
>
> >> audio/pulseaudio
> >>  - audio/jack
> >>  -- devel/doxygen
> >>  --- graphics/graphviz
> >>  ---- graphics/devil
> >>  ----- devel/sdl12
> >>  ------ audio/pulseaudio
>
> Scot

	time for my dime's worth of questions.  is there any way of
	building that audio/video app or plugin that works with linux?
	it is from adobe and works with pc-bsd.  we've got a free
	version.  is it flash?  this is the main reason i switched
	to ubuntu for my desktop.  so i can watch sites like pbs.org
	and npr.org.  stream igages with sound.  in my opinion, it
	is this that stalls the broader use of all of the berkeley
	distributions.

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 8.51a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org