Rarely seen portlint errors

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Sep 19 08:54:19 UTC 2011

While checking the ports tree for ports which need to have their
CPPFLAGS moved out of the CONFIGURE_ENV variable, I noticed a number
of errors from the perl interpreter re: the use of uninitialized
variables in portlint.

In every case, portlint still appears to run to normal completion and
produce normal diagnostics, but I thought you may be interested in
trying to eliminate the cause of these errors.

I've attached a list of the ports where these errors occurred along
with their respective error messages, as well as the bash script I was
running at the time.

Thank you.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier