Substitute dependencies?

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sun Sep 18 05:49:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6727 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Is there any way to substitute dependencies, in cases where the substitute would work as well or better?

We do not currently handle this very well. portmaster attempts to
emulate this feature by comparing CONFLICTS lines.
There have been proposals in the past to deal with this but none have
managed to make it into the tree.

>Another case I think of is mysql as a dependency when the user might prefer MariaDB or PostgreSQL.
This may not always be possible, but I do understand the point you are
trying to make

--
Eitan Adler