Detecting dependencies

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Sep 16 09:44:50 UTC 2011

Jason Hellenthal wrote:
 > On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:06:03AM +0300, chukharev at mail.ru wrote:
 > > There have been a discussion about finding interdependencies of ports.
 > > I have a relatively simple Python script for that. There is a pr ports/160007
 > > to add its early version. Unfortunately, I missed a reply to it, so there is
 > > an issue which I have not yet addressed...
 > [...]
 >
 > 1. Would be cool if this would work on already installed ports or packages
 > too! just a thought.

That's what a script of mine does (it's also in Python):

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/scripts/pkg_dep_view

 > 2. If it would detect the presence of UTF-8 in the LANG or LC_ALL
 > environment vars and use the appropriate drawing method for each rather
 > than a default to UTF-8. "I am happy with it as is though"

Maybe have a look at my script, it might help.  It uses
Python's curses module to display graphical line characters
using the ACS feature (alternate character set).  This
is independent from the local (UTF-8, ISO8859, ASCII) and
works very well with terminals that support line drawing
characters, such as xterm, vt100 and so on.  When there
is no such support (dumb terminal, or not supported by
termcap, or stdout is a pipe), normal ASCII characters
are used instead.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I have stopped reading Stephen King novels.
Now I just read C code instead."
        -- Richard A. O'Keefe