Building caire and $PATH order

Xavier HUMBERT xavier.humbert at xavhome.fr.eu.org
Thu Sep 15 17:56:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, after installing openssl from ports, I changed
PATH order in my .bash_login, in order to use /usr/local before /usr an
so on.

Today, I upgraded icu, and its dependants, including cairo. The build
was successful until reaching cairo :

checking how to allow undefined symbols in shared libraries used by test
suite... checking whether cc supports -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined... yes
-Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking whether float word ordering is bigendian... fopen: No such file
or directory
fopen: No such file or directory
unknown
configure: error:

Unknown float word ordering. You need to manually preset
ax_cv_c_float_words_bigendian=no (or yes) according to your system.

Setting PATH with /usr/local *after*, on the command line fixed the
problem.

Is this a known behavior ? A mess with two include files with the same
name in /usr/include and /usr/local/include ?

Thanks,

--
XAv
In your pomp and all your glory you're a poorer man than me,