ports-system priorities rant (Re: sysutils/cfs)

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 13 20:52:14 UTC 2011

5YiATyJy8r9bNdXCU8gmBjEbrEq6g at mail.gmail.com>

CADLo83-ZcVAeyznw5DtEHV1tOsBUrZLLR2HJxFjrX_QewpHysA at mail.gmail.com>

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2011-September/069860.html

> > Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
> > Sun Sep 4 16:56:37 UTC 2011
> >
> > Guys,
> >
> > I've had to deprecate sysutils/cfs -- there's a confirmed issue with
> > failing locks [1] which has been open for two years with no fix.
> >
> > Please would someone consider stepping up to fix and maintain it? It
> > has two months to live.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > [1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/137378
> > - -
> > Chris Rees          | FreeBSD Developer
>
> You then pressurised new Maintainer to fix quick or delete,
> despite several of us told you in use working fine for ages.
>
> Chris Rees, you are butchering ports/ You were give a commit bit
> 11th June 2011.  http://www.freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html
>
> Its time that commit bit was revoked to protect ports/ along with
> perhaps 3 other misguided butchers' commit bits, perhaps one of
> whom might have been your commit mentor.

You are quite hilarious.

I did not suggest depreciation of procmail, so I'm unsure why you keep
asserting that.

Why don't you count the number of ports I've actually 'butchered'? The
cvs-ports list is public and easy to search. You're asserting that I've
turned up and suddenly started to destroy the tree, which is anything but
true, and I find it quite pathetic. Perhaps you need to take a break-- I'm
rather tired of being called to defend myself, I've plenty of better things
to be doing.

Chris