Removed ports - looking from the bench

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 11 23:22:38 UTC 2011

On 09/11/2011 13:35, Warren Block wrote:
> Let me suggest a reasonable[1] plan:

No. :)  No more talking is necessary. Doing is necessary (or not,
doesn't really matter to me at this point).

I think Chris is right, a reasonable first step is a Handbook section on
"How to recover a port from the CVS Attic." Beyond that if users want to
get together and implement Carsten's idea, or another similar service,
go for it!

But at this point there is no more utility in continuing to talk about
this topic. Everyone has said what they have to say, often numerous
times, and there has been way more heat than light shed on the topic for
some time now (as evidenced by Conrad's recent post where he realized
that the issue is not nearly as dire as he thought it was after taking a
look at what is actually happening).

Time to move on,

Doug

			-- OK Go