[RFC] New ports idea: github / gitorious / bitbucket direct support.

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 10 17:58:46 UTC 2011

On 10 September 2011 18:47, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Chris Rees wrote on 10.09.2011 21:33:
>>

>> Counterexamples welcome!
>>
>> Chris
>
> When i worked on net/erlyvideo port there on github were tarballs for some
> old versions of it. When i asked author to create tarballs for new versions
> too, he just delete all the tarballs :)
> So i just create and host them by myself.

Hm, plain spiteful.  I like to think (or hope) that's not
representative of most of our upstream friends ;)

The main question is, is it worth us writing code to handle a small
minority of projects that refuse, or is it just easier to host this
same minority ourselves?

I'm perfectly happy to mirror anything if needed, by the way.

Chris