sysutils/cfs

Chad Perrin code at apotheon.net
Sat Sep 10 16:36:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:09:16PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> On the other hand, you're pointing out a problem of dead ports in the
> first place: if the API of (usually library) port Y changes, and port X
> is unmaintained, that's typically a situation where port X needs to be
> deprecated and removed (and also will no longer build and/or work).

I want to understand all the reasoning behind this stuff.  Please explain
the reason that library Y changing means that dependent port X should be
deprecated and removed, regardless of whether it no longer builds and/or
works.  Note that I'm working on the assumption that your assertion it
should be deprecated and removed does not rely on it no longer building
and/or working because of the way you mentioned no longering building
and/or working as a parenthetical addendum rather than a condition of
deprecation and removal.