Removed ports - looking from the bench

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 10 13:30:47 UTC 2011

On 10 September 2011 10:46, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 10 September 2011 10:53:54 Chris Rees wrote:
>> I also don't think this is a terrible idea, but perhaps we could just
>> put a little section about Resurrecting dead ports with a quick cvs
>> tutorial into the Porter's Handbook?
>
> why not writing a make target in bsd.port.mk to do it? cvs is in base, after
> all. something like `make resurrect the/port`...

Kinda needs more manual intervention-- one needs to find out from
cvsweb how long ago the port was deleted, but it's pretty simple from
a maintainer point of view;

[crees at zeus]~/workspace/ports/pcvs% pcvs co -D "last week" ports/mail/libspf2-10
cvs checkout: Updating ports/mail/libspf2-10
U ports/mail/libspf2-10/Makefile
U ports/mail/libspf2-10/distinfo
U ports/mail/libspf2-10/pkg-descr
U ports/mail/libspf2-10/pkg-plist

Of course, pcvs should be replaced by whatever anoncvs command anyone
would care to use, and actually readding the port involves
mail/Makefile and MOVED, but the committer dealing with the PR can
deal with that.

Chris