Standalone mksh

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sat Sep 10 04:41:49 UTC 2011

> I wanted to propose the addition of a standalone mksh in shells/, which , of
> course, is compiled with -static and installs to /bin . Attached is the
> modified Makefile.

1) Please submit unified diffs, not entire files. It makes it easier
to see what changed and it makes it easier to actually use when
testing
2) We assume that LOCALBASE is read only (except for some very
specific hacks like perl's symlink) so such a port will not be
committed
3) Don't change PREFIX in the port's Makefile. This is a user specific
option which should not be overwritten
4) If anything, the -static should be an OPTION.
5) Your change would require approval by the maintainer
(miwi at FreeBSD.org). I would hope he does not approve it based on
points 2-4 above.

Thanks for your contribution. Please don't take my criticism of this
specific patch as reason not to try again!

--
Eitan Adler