[RFC] New ports idea: github / gitorious / bitbucket direct support.

Klaus T. Aehlig aehlig at linta.de
Fri Sep 9 15:39:24 UTC 2011

> Until recently, github required two requests to get a tarball: one to
> initiate the tarball creation, the other to download it.

Yes, that's what I remember. The URL you got after the first redirect
was then good for a couple of days -- till eventually it wasn't used
for long enough time and the initial request was necessary again to
initiate tarball creation once again.

When did they change that? That's definitely good news.

Klaus