Bumping lightning to 1.0b5 so it works with Thunderbird 6.0.1

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 8 13:54:35 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

On 09/08/11 17:51, Florian Smeets wrote:
> On 08.09.2011 02:16, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
>> Hi Gecko team,
>>
>> The update from Thunderbird 6.0 to 6.0.1 has stopped the Lightning
>> 1.0b5pre plugin from working - it claims to be incompatible with the new
>> version of Thunderbird and can't be enabled. Lightning 1.0b5 seems to
>> work fine with Thunderbird 6.0.1 on my wife's windows PC, so I'm
>> guessing a very minor bump to the lightning build source is needed to
>> get it working again.
>>
>> If you're aware of this issue then great, but if not, just wanted to
>> bring it to your attention so that it's on your radar.
>>

> Hi Lawrence,
>
> did you reinstall the built xpi? It's usually located here
> /usr/local/share/lightning/lightning-thunderbird.xpi. That one should be
> compatible.

You are indeed correct, forcibly removing and re-adding the plugin
solved it, sorry for the noise.

> I'm working on making this step automatic, but I'm not there yet, it's
> on the TODO list ;)

Would be cool, but this was most definitely a case of PEBKAC. I've had
to do that step in the past. Not sure why I thought I'd done it this
time and it didn't work. Move along, nothing to see here...

Cheers,
Lawrence