tinderbox: how to drop unneded Jail and Build

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 2 14:13:30 UTC 2011

On 29 August 2011 18:14, Ade Lovett <ade at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:10:30 +0100
> Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tinderweb/dbsrc/
>>
>> Watch out, there be dragons :(
>
> But they're happy dragons ;)
>
> As an aside, if there's likely to be 'official' translations of the
> tinderbox documents, it may be useful to follow the way in which the
> Handbook is generated under /usr/doc, move (most of?) the current
> contents of dbsrc/ to dbsrc/en and go from there.

After some discussion on #bsdports, it was suggested that I work on
the lovely task of using the current doc Makefiles to render the
Tinderbox docs.

Obviously this has several advantages; FreeBSD docs people will
understand it rather than some horrible Makefile I hacked together,
perhaps it'll properly support Tips, Notes and Warnings etc,
translations would be properly supported.

However, I am not a docs guy, and have finally given up on the Make
structure that's there -- now I remember why I wrote my Makefile in
the first place; I just can't work it out.

Perhaps I'm just being thick.

Any docs people happy to attempt to migrate the build system for the
Tinderbox README to FreeBSD-doc format? I'm pretty sure marcus would
rather keep it where it is; it's an upstream thing rather than an OS
thing.

Chris