Alpine mail client discontinued?

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 24 14:14:32 UTC 2011

On 10/24/11 5:49 AM, Gautam wrote:

>> Alpine is also documented in the handbook
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/mail-agents.html ; so that also should
> be updated.

Does the way in which re-alpine is used differ?  If so, the Handbook can
be updated if/when alpine is replaced with re-alpine, that's not a
problem.  I suspect, based on this thread, it won't be necessary other
than noting the port is mail/re-alpine instead of mail/alpine.

The Documentation people would be happy to update the alpine section in
the Handbook in either case.  Though, not all doc people are subscribed
to ports@ - can someone ping us if/when re-alpine is in the tree as a
replacement?

--
Glen Barber | gjb at FreeBSD.org