Matlab R2011b

Tijl Coosemans tijl at coosemans.org
Sun Oct 23 15:57:55 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 October 2011 16:49:39 Rich Winkel wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck installing this under 7.3?  I'm getting a
> segmentation fault.  I'm running
> linux_base-fc-4_15 and diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_9

It needs some Linux features that aren't enabled by default on FreeBSD
7.x. It also checks if your cpu supports SSE2 instructions by reading
/compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo, but that file doesn't report SSE2 support
in 7.3, so you have to hack the Matlab install scripts and after
installation the startup scripts.

Given that, I highly recommend updating to at least 7.4, but preferably
8.x.