[UPDATE] Re: Update on ports on 10.0

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 21 09:44:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:31:36 +0300
Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 01:04:20 -0700
> Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:59:38 +0300
> > Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org> mentioned:
> >
> > > Unfortunately we don't seem to have any other way to go, for the
>
> (and yes, I hate the idea)
>
> > > big majority of the ports. The fix is basically identical, so it
> > > doesn't make sense to have a zillion of patch files in a zillion
> > > of ports.
> > > What, on the other hand, makes sense is to have the fix that
> > > should include:
> > > a) a KNOB (WITH_FBSD10_FIX or similar),
> > > b) that only is run from bsd.port.mk when OSVERSION>1000000
> > > c) runs the latest version of the above patch.
> > > The KNOB's existence allow us to turn on the fix only for broken
> > > ports, and easily know what these broken ports are -- so we can
> > > poke maintainers from time to time about upstream fixes, ...
> >
> > Sounds good to me.
>
> A few more days.

Erwin is currently running a build on i386-10 with this and the
following patches:
- bsd.port.mk patch from beat (based on ed@, jilles@ and stas@ patches)
- python patch from beat
- python patch from linimon
- WITH_FBSD10_FIX in:
        - textproc/expat2
        - devel/pcre
        - devel/libtool
        - audio/libogg
Results by Monday.

If everything goes OK, we'll commit the patch. We're not sure if we'll
have enough time for running other -exps to find the broken ports that
need the "fix" before we need to concentrate on building the packages
for the release, but we'll try.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B