[UPDATE] Re: Update on ports on 10.0

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 19 07:16:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 01:01:00 -0700
Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:50:48 +0300
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org> mentioned:
>

> > Did you do a full run with the patch? Can you provide the list of
> > ports that aren't fixed by the patch and the exact patch you used?
> > Thanks.
> >

> Did you?  I'm not the one sitting on the cluster...

Not exactly sitting idle, the cluster has been maxed out in the last
days with other exps also besides the regular package building.

> Several people provided the patch already, a version of it was present
> in the bsd.port.mk as well at one point of time.  dougb@ nicely
> summarized it in one of his emails.

Yes, I know. I was just asking since you said it fixed 99% of the
ports ...

> It'd be nice to do an exp run with the patch mentioned and see if it
> breaks any ports and how many ports it fixes instead of doing any
> kind of educated guesswork (in my opinion).

Well, actually 3 full runs would be needed: one on 9, one on 10
patched and one not patched, all with the same PT, to see what the
differences are. (Or 2 on 10 one with uname set to 9 and one with the
patch).

> Having this knob in the tree will help people to actually go about
> fixing the ports in the tree.

Yes, we'll get there.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B