CFT Chromium 15.0.874.92

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 18 18:28:53 UTC 2011

Alexander Best wrote on 18.10.2011 19:28:

>>> Chromium does not need any hack to compile, what i don't know is the
>>> state of devel/google-perftools on CURRENT.
>>>
>>> Compiling a jail right now.
>>
>> Ok, just checked - builds, deinstalls, installs fine.
>> `make check` produces many of this errors:
>>
>> src/system-alloc.cc:423] SbrkSysAllocator failed.
>> src/system-alloc.cc:423] MmapSysAllocator failed.
>>
>> and the final report is:
>>
>> ======================================
>> 3 of 40 tests failed
>> Please report to opensource at google.com
>> ======================================
>>
>> Doubt if it's somehow related with TO problem.
>
> i managed to get chromium running and it seems to do just fine. what i did
> was to uninstall devel/google-perftools and then instead of building the port
> i installed the package. although the package is supposed to be for freebsd 9
> and not freebsd 10, it worked. :)
>
> still the problem is that devel/google-perftools doesn't build/install properly
> on freebsd 10.
>
> cheers.
> alex

Lawl, after i wrote the last message i restarted chromium just to make
sure.. and you know :), yes it's "Shared object "libtcmalloc.so.2" not
found".
So i can confirm that there is a problem with google-perftools on 10.0,
in particular this guys doesn't installed:

pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libprofiler.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libprofiler.so.1' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_and_profiler.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_and_profiler.so.2' doesn't
exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_debug.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_debug.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so.2' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal_debug.so' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal_debug.so.2' doesn't
exist

I was able to fix the things by rebuilding this port with UNAME_r set to
9.9-CURRENT. Look like this was the reason why i didn't run into this
problem when installing chromium15.

--
Regards,
Ruslan