Vim does not build with ruby19 (since ruby19 does not install the ruby command)

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 13:56:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I specified RUBY_DEFAULT_VER=1.9 in /etc/make.conf, and rebuild everything
relates to ruby, and I found the successfully built Vim lacks of the ruby
support.

By default, vim requires the 'ruby' command when building WITH_RUBY=1, but
ruby19 does not install the command.

One solution is that to install the command as a symbol link, and mark
ruby-1.8 and ruby-1.9 as conflicts.

Another one only works for vim, to set the '--with-ruby-command=ruby19' as a
configure args.

Any comments?

--
Zhihao Yuan, nickname lichray