Gnash-devel not working with firefox

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Tue Oct 4 14:22:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 05:27:39AM -0700, Robert wrote:
> Greetings
>
> For some reason gnash-devel is no longer showing as a plugin in
> firefox. I am not sure but it may have started with the last firefox
> upgrade (7.0.1,1). I have rebuilt gnash-devel and firefox to no avail.
>
> This is happening on i386 8.2 stable, amd64 8.2 stable and i386 9.0
> beta 3. Does anyone know if there has been a change? I never had to do
> any softlinks or anything else. I previously just installed gnash-devel
> and check the plugin option and it worked.
>
> Anyone else seeing this? Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing this with all plugins installed in the global directories.
Looks like Firefox 7 modified something in the search path for
plugins.  Truss shows it's not looking in
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/symlinks/gecko19 anymore.

It does look in /usr/local/lib/firefox/plugins. I made the following
symlink in there to have it work again:

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel        35 Sep 29 14:12 plugins -> ../browser_plugins/symlinks/gecko19

I'm not sure if this one needs to be fixed in the plugin ports or in the
firefox port.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>