FYI: BerliOS will be closed on 31.12.2011

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Sat Oct 1 10:37:06 UTC 2011

* Ruslan Mahmatkhanov (cvs-src at yandex.ru) wrote:

> """
> [...]
> Unfortunately, as a research institute Fraunhofer FOKUS has only few
> opportunities to operate a repository like BerliOS. Such a project will
> only work with a follow-up financing, or with sponsors or partners
> taking over the repository. In the field of OSS this is a difficult
> undertaking. In a recent survey the community indicated some support in
> funds and manpower which we would like to thank you for. Unfortunately,
> the result is not enough to put the project on a sustainable financial
> basis. In addition the search for sponsors or partners was not successful.
>
> Open Source is understood by Fraunhofer FOKUS as a paradigm for
> future-oriented intelligent use of IT. It hurts us all the more that we
> are forced to discontinue the hosting for BerliOS by 31.12.2011.
> [...]
> """

I've mirrored (seemingly) all the distfiles we fetch from berlios here:

http://mirror.amdmi3.ru/berlios/

so by the moment of cutoff MASTER_SITE_BERLIOS may just be changed to

http://mirror.amdmi3.ru/berlios/download.berlios.de/%SUBDIR%/
and some individual ports' Makefiles (namely slim-themes and ngircd)
tweaked.

That's only 217M, so there's no much problem.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru