change in portupgrade reporting for editors/koffice-kde4

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 28 10:29:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 03:46:47 -0800
David Southwell <admin at vizion2000.net> mentioned:

> I have noticed a small change in reporting from portupgrade for koffice-kde4.
>

> Current behaviour reports as below even when koffice-kde4 is up to date.
> Previously if koffice-kde4 was up to date there was no such report. The
> previous behaviour seemed preferable as one only checked to update koffice
> when the report, as shown below, appeared. Now one always has to check!
>
> Is the change intentional - if so why?
>

> [root at dns1 /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33]# portupgrade -a
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 1046 packages
> found (-2 +2) (...).. done]
> ** Port marked as IGNORE: editors/koffice-kde4:
>         does not build with x11-toolkits/qt33 installed. Please deinstall
> qt-3.x first
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>         - editors/koffice-kde4 (marked as IGNORE)

Hi, David!

porupgrade gives you this report because the port you have installed
(koffice-kde4) is now marked as ignored.  So it tries to let you know
that there might be wrong with the current configuration and it might
need your attention.  In your case, I think that deinstalling qt33 might
be a way to go (if you don't need it and nothing is using it) if you would
like to be able to upgrade kdeoffice-kde4 in the future.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE