Strange issues while upgrading ports

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 11:43:22 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 08:03 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Kaya Saman<kayasaman at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I tried that and it didn't help :-(
>>
>> I also just performed a version upgrade to 8.2 and still get the same
>> errors?
>>
>> After running portsnap fetch; portsnap update; then portupgrade -a I get
>> these errors:
>>
>> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>>     - devel/automake110 (marked as IGNORE)
>>     - devel/automake15 (marked as IGNORE)
>>     - devel/automake19 (marked as IGNORE)
>>     - devel/libltdl22 (marked as IGNORE)
> These versions of automake are obsolete. See /usr/ports/UPDATING for
> the 20101208 entry for how to deal with them.

Just taking this into account, the /usr/ports/UPDATING file claims to run:

   # portmaster -o devel/autoconf devel/autoconf268
   # portmaster -o devel/automake devel/automake111
   # portmaster -o devel/libtool devel/libtool22
   # portmaster -o devel/libltdl devel/libltdl22

However, after cd'ing to /usr/ports/ the output I get is as so:

# portmaster -o devel/autoconf devel/autoconf268

===>>> The second argument to -o can be a port in /var/db/pkg,
        or a port directory from /usr/ports

        devel/autoconf268 does not seem to be installed,
        or listed as a dependency

===>>> No valid installed port, or port directory given
===>>> Try portmaster --help

Some comments in-line, but you MUST read /us/ports/UPDATING when ports
upgrading ports, especially when it has been a long time since the
existing ports were installed.

I don't really understand how to use the /usr/ports/UPDATING file as I
had a look for the Apache22 version that I have installed only couldn't
find anything as it spoke about updating Apache13 to Apache20 then
Apache22. Nothing came up with the different sub-versions of the
Apache22 port which I have installed.

Per this: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html

I have run portmaster -L and am now running portmaster -a

however, on doing so my terminal now seems to be caught in a recursive
loop under: devel/php5-spl as it's displaying the same thing over and
over again and not seeming to make any progress???