Can't compile kde4 and kdelibs4 with an uptodate amd64 Releng machine. (

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Tue Nov 22 12:26:29 UTC 2011

On Monday 21 Nov 2011 16:09:45 Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:42:43 -0600
>
> eculp <eculp at encontacto.net> wrote:
> > I have tried building both from the different ports and even more
> > using portmaster and all stop ate similar locations in kdelabs4.
> > Maybe there is something that I should or could build first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > ed
> >
> > errors follow:
> >
> > kdelibs stops here:
> >
> > Generating kurlnavigator.moc
> > Generating moc_kdiroperatordetailview_p.cpp
> > [  1%] Built target kfile_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kdeinit_kconf_update_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target docbookl10nhelper_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kdeinit_kconf_update_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target docbookl10nhelper_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target genshortcutents_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kio_ghelp_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target genshortcutents_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kio_ghelp_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kio_help_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target meinproc4_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kio_help_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target meinproc4_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target meinproc4_simple_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kio_file_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target meinproc4_simple_automoc
> >
> > kdepimlibs4 stops here:
> >
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_pcx_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_pic_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_pcx_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_pic_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_psd_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_ras_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_psd_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_ras_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_rgb_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_tga_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_rgb_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_tga_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_xcf_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kimg_xview_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_xview_automoc
> > [  1%] Built target kimg_xcf_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target kdnssd_automoc
> > Scanning dependencies of target krosscore_automoc
> > Generating interpreter.moc
> > Generating script.moc
> > Generating action.moc
> > Generating actioncollection.moc
> > Generating manager.moc
> > [  1%] Built target krosscore_automoc
>
> So where are the errors?  There are none in the output you posted.

Tinderbox logs of the same problem:

https://chronos.org.uk/tb/errors/8-amd64-Desktop/kdelibs-4.7.3.log

By selectively changing MAKE_JOBS_SAFE to MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE in the
Makefiles I can compile most of KDE-SC barring kdeplasma-addons. This
is from a pristine ports tree updated yesterday with no modifications.
Fails consistently on kdelibs4, but in different places each time.

@eculp: Is your machine SMP? This tinderbox is a quad core MP box.
--
Matt Dawson
MTD15-RIPE