"postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 15 02:46:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 09:24:30PM -0500, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> [ pav@ and those who tested mail/postifx-current on amd64 added to Cc: ]
>
> On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 08:37:13 -0500, Jerry wrote:
>
> > The "postfix-current" port is still marked as broken:
> >
> > .if ${ARCH} == "amd64"
> > BROKEN=         fails during installation
> > .endif
> >
> > Since all previous releases of Postfix worked on FreeBSD, and since
> > Postfix is/was developed on FreeBSD, I was wondering what the problem
> > is with this release. Is there a possibility that this phenomena might
> > be rectified in the near future?
>
> Thanks for your report, Jerry.  You are correct that FreeBSD is the main
> development platform for Postfix.  It seems that pointyhat's amd64
> machine throws an error during the install phase.  Pav noticed this and
> marked the port BROKEN; however, neither I nor a few others I've
> enlisted can reproduce the error.  Would you mind removing the
> conditional that marks this port BROKEN, try to build/install in your
> amd64 environment, and report the results?
>
> Pav, if nobody else can reproduce the error seen on pointyhat, can
> portmgr look into whether there is something quirky with the amd64
> pointyhat machine?

I don't have the successful build logs anymore, so I've just re-queued a
build of postfix-current on 9-STABLE (-RC2) amd64 in my tinderbox if
the results are of interest to those that can investigate any potential
pointyhat anomalies.

Regards,

Glen

--