Recent ports removal

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:31:43 UTC 2011

On 13 Nov 2011 21:20, "Doug Barton" <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 11/13/2011 12:25, Mikhail T. wrote:
> > You've gone from "small minority of other interested parties" to "no one
> > has made a peep" in a single e-mail! If this is the quality of the rest
> > of your reasoning, than you should not be surprised, that it has not
> > really resonated despite the "endless repetition"...
>
> You turned a comparison of the discussion of the concept of ports
> removal generally to the removal of individual ports and turned it into
> an ad hominem attack on the quality of *my* reasoning. This is an
> excellent example of why I, for one, don't bother replying substantively
> to your messages anymore.
>

> Doug

Oh my.... it's two months ago.

Is it?

Can we move on? Ports are deprecated and removed. Insecure/unmaintained
ports are harmful.

If you care, step up to maintain them. Seriously. Or stop complaining.

Chris

PS only replying to Doug because it's the latest email, not because I think
he disagrees with me.