Unable to configure dirmngr after openldap upgrade

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 28 23:47:27 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 16:44, Xin LI wrote:
> On 03/28/11 16:30, Doug Barton wrote:

>>> hmm... how do I test fetching from an ldap keyserver?
>
>> I'll save you the trouble. :)  I got your latest update and tested both
>> scenarios myself, and the answer is that they both work.
>
>> So now the question is, should the FETCH OPTION be removed altogether? I
>> imagine that a lot of users will be at least as confused as I, and word
>> is that PRs for other ports are already showing up.
>
> I think that's being used in some ldap utilities so it might broke some
> applications that makes use of that?
>
> I'll add a note in UPDATING to document this.

I think an UPDATING entry is a good idea, however I think that a slave
port would also be useful. Just remove FETCH from the current/master
port, and add a slave with FETCH enabled. That way whatever (few?) ports
that rely on that can change their dependency, and the rest of the users
won't be affected.

Doug

			-- OK Go