Help with first port Makefile

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Mon Mar 28 23:01:59 UTC 2011

Hello,

I read "FreeBSD needs new blood!" by Martin Wilke and decided to try my
hand at this, but before diving into X11 like I want, I need to brush
off the C skills I haven't used in 10 years. I decided to first port
something from the Wanted Ports on the FreeBSD wiki and choose Fotoxx.

I've been successful in translating the code enough to get it to build
but I having some issues with the LIBS_DEPEND in the port Makefile.

Fotoxx depends on Libgtk2.0 as it is called, according to the web page,
in Ubuntu. This would be x11-toolkits/gtk20.

If I put:
	USE_GNOME= yes
in the Makefile everything builds great, but it checks for dependencies
that aren't needed by Fotoxx. All I want to check is to make sure gtk20
is installed. I have tried the following, but all of these fail to find
gtk20, even though it is installed on my system.

LIB_DEPENDS= gtk20:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/gtk20

and

LIB_DEPENDS= libgtk-x11-2.0.so:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/gtk20

I've also tried as BUILD_DEPENDS but it has the same result. I've
attached the Makefile in the current state.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Rod Person
http://www.rodperson.com