Unable to configure dirmngr after openldap upgrade

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 28 20:57:36 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 13:48, Xin LI wrote:
> On 03/28/11 12:42, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> Yup. openldap-client-2.4.24 does fine. Looks like a bug in 2.4.25. I'll
>> take a look at CHANGES and see if I can figure out what broke the
>> inclusion of fetch(3) support if I get a bit of time.
>
> It seems that libldif now referenced the fetch support, and ironically
> it seem be a bug but a feature :(
>
> I have decided to disable FETCH support from now on, since it's likely
> to bring more problems.
>
> (If you would prefer to fix the problem for this specific problem, I
> think adding a '-lfetch' would be sufficient; but, it seems to be
> undesirable to depend fetch(3) unconditionally for all programs that
> uses openldap).

I know next to nothing about how the openldap-client stuff works, so I'm
sorry if these questions are silly. :) The biggest question is, does
dirmngr compile after your change? The other question is that the only
reason I have openldap installed at all is so that gnupg can use it to
fetch keys from ldap keyservers. Will this still work when the FETCH
option is no longer present?

Thanks,

Doug

			-- OK Go