Firefox 4 - Beta

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Sun Mar 20 13:56:53 UTC 2011

On 03/19/11 16:34, Denny Lin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 10:28:04AM -0700, Patrick Powell wrote:
>> On 03/19/11 00:02, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, it still goes crazy like the older versions and eats 100%
>>> of the CPU for no apparent reason.
>>>
>>> Otherwise it's no worse than 3.x was.
>>>
>> Ummm... does it support Java?  There were some issues with newer versions
>> of firefox requiring newer versions of the JDK which have not been
>> ported/updated.
> Use java/openjdk6:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html#MOZ-JAVA-PLUGIN
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=21010

For various reasons,  unless there are no other options,  I would prefer
to use Solaris JDK
as then I would have one consistent Java version on a slew (i.e. - more
than I want to think about)
systems that I would have to update, test, etc.etc.etc.

Patrick ("One version to rule them,  One set of bugs to confuse them,
and in the Virtual Machine bind them") Powell

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell at astart.com            1530 Jamacha Road, Suite X,