deprecated ports

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 22:27:09 UTC 2011

On Tue 15 Mar 2011 at 15:19:29 PDT Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>  I am responsible for the deprecation and I have done more than just
>  look if the distfiles fetch (I fixed lot of them) I may have missed
>  some for sure, when when I deprecate sysutils/lookat I wasn't able to
>  join the main website nor to fetch a distfile.  About gimpshop it may
>  be wrong, but one there website I only found windows and mac
>  binaries, nothing.  I am human and I can make mistakes. thanks
>  pointing the mistakes.  I really will be happy to remove the
>  deprecation and expiration if people wanted to maintain or point me
>  to the right WWW and MASTER_SITES for the given ports.  regards,*
>  Bapt

My apologies for misrepresenting your efforts, bapt.  I meant no
disrespect.

I'm just trying to whip up some followup action from the readers, so you
don't have to do all this by yourself.  :)  We've recently heard calls
for new blood.  Well, here's a way people can help.

Maybe it wasn't there when you looked, but
http://www.gimpshop.com/download.shtml has links to download sources for
both the development version and the latest release (2.2.8).  They even
have an alternate link for the release version.