[HEADS UP] GNU make 3.82

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Sun Mar 13 01:14:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:14:50PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
>> There are way too many things happening "in private" around here and
>> the only way to solve that problem is to open the doors.
>
> Would you please offer examples of decisions that you feel that way about?
>
> mcl

I think the issue here is the original message, which was
non-actionable. It basically read "we're going to shake things up, but
don't have specifics right now." That doesn't build confidence,
especially if there is some rough history here (I don't know the
backstory). It would have been best to post the list and patch at the
start, not defensively in response to criticism.

Also, you suddenly getting involved probably didn't help, because it
just gave the appearance that you guys were trying to double-team
Doug.

--
Rob Farmer