some ports doesn't build with non standard WRKDIRPREFIX

Subbsd subbsd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:07:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 03/12/2011 00:37, Subbsd wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Ive have server with huge of RAM (32 GB) and after mounting tmpfs on
>> /tmp try use it for more faster port building. Most of the ports work
>> when set WRKDIRPREFIX="/tmp/ports" in /etc/make.conf is magnificently.
>> But part of ports not, for example: /usr/ports/devel/ode
>>
>> % make -V WRKDIRPREFIX -C/usr/ports/devel/ode
>> "/tmp/ports"
>>
>> % make -C/usr/ports/devel/ode extract
>> make: don't know how to make
>> /tmp/ports/usr/ports/devel/ode/work/.extract_done.ode._usr_local. Stop
>> *** Error code 2
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/ode.
>>

>> Why might this happen? Some Makefile have bsd.{pre|post}.mk and some -
>> bsd.port.mk - that's all difference i see.
>
> I have WRKDIRPREFIX set and I don't have the same problem you have; whether
> I use -C or cd into the directory. Perhaps you have some other make
> variables that are affecting this?

With "cd to /usr/ports/*/* is no diffrence"
Some variables is presents in my system, but for test i remove all -
no changes. Probrem reproduce for ports who have WRKSRC variable:

/usr/ports/devel/{ode,orc,mico} .... etc.

Also, i see "_extract_done" only in one Mk file:

grep extract_done /usr/ports/Mk/*
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk:EXTRACT_COOKIE?=
${WRKDIR}/.extract_done.${PORTNAME}.${PREFIX:S/\//_/g}

But Mk system currently is too difficult for me to understand -
whether it applies