some ports doesn't build with non standard WRKDIRPREFIX

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 12 20:39:13 UTC 2011

On 03/12/2011 00:37, Subbsd wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Ive have server with huge of RAM (32 GB) and after mounting tmpfs on
> /tmp try use it for more faster port building. Most of the ports work
> when set WRKDIRPREFIX="/tmp/ports" in /etc/make.conf is magnificently.
> But part of ports not, for example: /usr/ports/devel/ode
>
> % make -V WRKDIRPREFIX -C/usr/ports/devel/ode
> "/tmp/ports"
>
> % make -C/usr/ports/devel/ode extract
> make: don't know how to make
> /tmp/ports/usr/ports/devel/ode/work/.extract_done.ode._usr_local. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/ode.
>

> Why might this happen? Some Makefile have bsd.{pre|post}.mk and some -
> bsd.port.mk - that's all difference i see.

I have WRKDIRPREFIX set and I don't have the same problem you have;
whether I use -C or cd into the directory. Perhaps you have some other
make variables that are affecting this?

			-- OK Go