sysutils/dolly breaks cvs

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:06:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Aryeh Friedman
<aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok this now truely weird I have a infinite recursive directory rooted
> on /home/ncvs/ports/sysutils/dolly/files that contains one dir per
> level whose name is a single control-N when I try to rm/unlink them I
> get:
>
> flosoft-stable# pwd
> /repo/ports/sysutils/dolly/files
> flosoft-stable# rm -rf *
> rm: /: Operation not permitted
> rm: : Invalid argument
>
> If I know the inode how can I force the inode to be cleared even if
> the filename is illegal?

I don't know how you can fix that, but perhaps this workaround will
help you until you get it figured out:
rename the files directory to something else (files-stubborn-error perhaps?)
and create a new files directory, then fetch the port again.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen