shells/zsh links to devel/ncurses

Alexander Kojevnikov alexander at kojevnikov.com
Sun Mar 6 03:27:18 UTC 2011

On 4 March 2011 18:56, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Here is a patch loosely based on bsd.openssl.mk that should fix the
> situation (add USE_NCURSES=yes to the corresponding Makefiles)
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/bsd.ncurses.mk.diff

Thanks Bapt!

I tested it on shells/zsh and www/lynx.

For zsh, USE_NCURSES forced it to use /lib/libncursesw.so.8 but
devel/ncurses we still added as a dependency (pkg_delete would not
delete zsh without the -f option)

For lynx, USE_NCURSES made no difference, it still linked
/usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so.5.7 and /usr/local/lib/libtinfow.so.5.7.
devel/ncurses was also added as a dependency.

I guess in both cases it should link to /lib/libncursesw.so.8 and no
dependency should be added.

Alex