gegl

Pietro Cerutti gahr at gahr.ch
Wed Mar 2 18:12:09 UTC 2011

On 2011-Mar-02, 15:57, Michal Varga wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 17:39 +0300, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> > 02.03.2011 13:06, Christoph Moench-Tegeder пишет:
> > > ## Christoph Moench-Tegeder (cmt at burggraben.net):

> > > There it is: ports/155183
> > > Please check the patch there, in case I broke the math (logarithms are
> > > easy enough, but anyway...).
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Christoph
> >
> > Still doesn't builds for me.
> > smeshariki2# sysctl kern.osreldate
> > kern.osreldate: 802500
> >
> > If i change the check on something like:
> > if __FreeBSD_version < 704000 || (__FreeBSD_version > 800000 &&
> > __FreeBSD_version < 803000)
> >
> > then it build fine.
> >

> Out of curiosity - how is it even possible that this update made it as
> far as into ports tree, when it - at least as I understand from the PR -
> clearly doesn't work on *both* *STABLE* *supported* branches and only
> goes well with the very latest CURRENT?

The original update doesn't cause any problems on CURRENT,
7.4-RELEASE, or 8.2-RELEASE. It does cause problems on STABLE branches.

> Wouldn't a single test run on either 7.x or 8.x before committing the
> port reveal this issue? Just my thoughts.

Yes, it would have. I just don't have the infrastructure nor the time
to test on all supported release + stable branches.

--
Pietro Cerutti
The FreeBSD Project

PGP Public Key: