Ports that break with "WITH_MYSQL_VER= 52" (i.e., mariadb)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 8 05:19:53 UTC 2011

Howdy,

Recently I split the mariadb port into -client and -server versions. My
next step was going to be adding support for this to bsd.databases.mk,
but it turns out that it's already there, cleverly hidden behind:
.if (${MYSQL_VER} == "52")

So I tested some stuff setting "WITH_MYSQL_VER= 52" in /etc/make.conf,
including INDEX building, and I got 8 errors, in 2 categories. The first
are ports that set a direct dependency such as this:
RUN_DEPENDS+=
${LOCALBASE}/libexec/mysqld:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql${MYSQL_VER}-server

That fails when MYSQL_VER= 52 since there is no such port directory. I
*think* (and please forgive me if I'm wrong) that these can be fixed by
changing that dependency to:

USE_MYSQL=	server

and/or eliminating the specific dependency when that's already set. If
I'm wrong, please feel free to suggest the correct solution. :)

The other category of problems is a direct dependency on:
${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql${MYSQL_VER}

As far as I can see this one can/should be solved by adding a slave port
for databases/p5-DBD-mysql52, which I just did.

I'd really like to see mariadb become a first-class provider for mysql,
and it seems that we're really close to making that happen.

mysql${MYSQL_VER}-server errors:
audio/squeezeboxserver
databases/akonadi
games/mkgichessclub