8.2-RC1 tightvnc-1.3.10 installs 0 byte files, deinstall fails

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 6 13:45:05 UTC 2011

05.06.2011 22:54, efbatey пишет:
> Is tightvnc (1 3 10) the most or only viable VNC Server for FreeBsd 8.2?
>
> Fails to install because
>
>     Please open http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>     in a web browser and follow the "Download" link for
>     "JDK US DST Timezone Update Tool - 1_3_18" to obtain the
>     time zone update file, tzupdater-1_3_18-2009k.zip.
>
> IS no longer apparently available (merci oracle) only 1 3 38.
>
> Is there a way to trick it into usind tzupdater 1 3 38.  Can no
> where find a makefile where tzupdater is mentioned.  I got
> best  shot at the five files required separately into the distfiles
> directory.

vncviewer requires java when you trying to build it with
JVNC_VIEWER option. You can uncheck it with `make config`
if you doesn't need it (default).
tzupdater is a java/jdk16 dependency, if you don't need it,
you can uncheck TZUPDATER option for jdk16 port.
tzupdater in all jdk ports is set to 1.3.38, so if you have
1.3.18 in them, you need to update your ports tree to latest,
or manually google and place tzupdater-1_3_18-2009k.zip into
/usr/ports/distfiles.

tzupdater us required

--
Regards,